The Bihar State Co-operative Bank Ltd. was established in Patna way back in 1914 and was registered under Co-operative Society Act 11 of 1912 with the following objectives:
- To serve as the apex bank in the state of Bihar for societies.
- To guide and promote co-operative activities in the State.
- To organize the provision of credit for Cooperative societies.
- To serve as a balancing center in the Co-operative Credit Structure of the State.
- To function as a financing bank in terms of the Act and the Rules and to carry on general business.